IV sedation Pre-Operative Instructions
Brief description of procedure:
A needle will be placed in a vein in your arm and then various medications will be administered, making you very relaxed, non-apprehensive, and sleepy; you will not be unconscious. Local anesthetics (Novocain) will be used to control pain. Certain precautions MUST be observed for these procedures for your safety and comfort.
- DO NOT eat anything for 6 hours before your appointment. Small amounts of liquids are all right.
- Remove contact lenses before coming to the office
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing with short sleeves the day of the procedure. Women should wear low-heeled shoes and no panty hose, please.
- Be sure to advise us of any routine medications, pills, or liquids you are taking, including those purchased without a doctor’s prescription, and
DO NOT take any medication without our knowledge and approval.
- A responsible adult is to remain in our office during your appointment and with you at home following the procedure and be with you until the effects of the medication have worn off (4-6 hours or longer). This adult must be present when the procedure is completed, and he or she must accompany you when you leave. This
- For the remainder of the day following the procedure, you will NOT be able to:
- Drive an automobile or operate machinery
- Drink alcoholic beverages or smoke
- Undertake business matters
***IF YOU ARE HAVING A STEM CELL PROCEDURE PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR LOOSE FITTING PANTS (SUCH AS SWEATS) TO YOUR SURGICAL APPOINTMENT***